|

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Listen: can you hear that sound?

It sounds to me like the worst post-season collapse in the history of baseball. Eat it, Yankees fans. Bite it, chew it, chew it some more, and swallow it. The Babe has taken a big celestial dump on you, and I love it. In part, it's because I'm a Red Sox partisan, if not an outright fan. The other part is that the Yankees are baseball's alpha males, seated in a city that's overbearing and usually pretty full of itself (although occasionally for good reason, viz. bagels). I enjoy the thought of Rudy Giuliani crying himself to sleep as residents of northern Maine party late into the night around a fireplace. With no disrespect to the Astros or the Cardinals, I'll be pulling for the Sox come Saturday.

Do you like a wet pillow, Rudy? Yeah, that's what I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home