|

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

We don't like short people with muscles in Sweden

So, I'm back. The past four days have been the longest I've gone without posting since I started this thing, but I don't think I missed that much in the way of news while I was out of town this weekend. Pointless Fest was a blast. Some highlights:

-Sweden's Bruce Banner, who gave us, in addition to the gem I used as the heading for this post, a bit of progressive wisdom as they introduced their song "Race Mixing": "This song is about achieving racial equality through the act of fornication and other nocturnal rites."

-Some young neighborhood kids being brought into the show and crowdsurfed during Hellshock and Tragedy.

-Too many good bands to mention individually.

-Staying with my friend Josh and watching--repeatedly--the Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog DVD.

Upcoming shows in DC:

Wednesday 8/18 - Aphasia, Kakistocracy, Aghast (+1 tba?) no Victims, unfortunately, due to a badly broken ankle

Friday and Saturday 8/20-21 - Different Kind of Dude Fest

Monday 8/23 - Defiance, Ohio, Washington Social Club, Soophie Nun Squad

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back spanky. Glad you did some quality thrashing and dvd watching. May you summon the lords of destruction to lay waste to this wicked land on wednesday.


-S

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home