|

Sunday, June 24, 2007

My insides have turned into pasta

I have to keep this brief, but I wanted to write something of substance before we hit the road today since I'm not sure when I'll next have the opportunity. Other than missing our connecting flight from London to Milano, travelling was low drama. No passport or customs issues at all. Alitalia has more leg room than Virgin, fyi. We landed in Milano mid-afternoon on the 20th, where Mila and Koppa picked us up in what will surely be the biggest tour van I ever tour in. I can't do pics in this post, but I'll put some up later. It can seat nine and still have room for a full set of equipment for two bands. And chandeliers or mobiles or something. We took a smaller van around Italy for our first few shows, but we're loading up the green monster today.

All three shows so far have been great. We even played well for two of them. They've all been in well-run squats, which is such a radically different experience from anywhere I've played in the states, save the Long Beach Warehouse (which is currently in limbo, I believe). The one in Bologna, the Atlantide, is prime real estate right on a main drag. Wouldn't last two minutes in the US. The Pirateria in Rome is much bigger, it's more of a warehouse space. Most impressive is the squat we played last night, Al Confino, which is in the countryside in Cesena. Seriously, there are fields all around it...it's beautiful. Can't imagine ever playing in a place like that anywhere else. Plus it was a great show, preceded by great food and followed by a goth dance party. Trust me, pictures of all this will follow when I have the time.

Some of you will be pleased to know that the porco dios are flowing freely.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

testa di cazzo

7:35 PM  
Blogger Joshua said...

Glorious. But I regret to inform you that during your early wanderings abroad, you missed my introducing Jess Hall to the 4th-grade-bus-stop-hand-vagina in the middle of Pizzeria Pardiso.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA TOUR JOURNAL!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Senor Senior said...

Great to hear things are off to a wonderful start. Keep on keeping on, as they used to say.

6:38 PM  
Blogger D€€p ƒЯ!€d said...

I'm so jealous. There must be an olive garden at every street corner. ummm...free unlimited breadsticks.

gunjan

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home