|

Thursday, July 22, 2004

Dept. of Corrections

The Committee on the Present Danger wasn't technically formed in the past few days, as my previous post suggested. It was more like 54 years ago. Thanks to my first "anonymous" commenter for helping to set the record straight. From the COTPD website: It [COTPD] emerged in 1950 as a bipartisan education and advocacy organization dedicated to building a national consensus for a strong defense against Soviet expansionism. In 1976, the Committee on the Present Danger reemerged, with leadership from the labor movement, bipartisan representatives of the foreign policy community and academia, all of whom were concerned about strategic drift in U.S. security policy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not sure how signing my name "andrew" qualifies me to be anonymous, but i understand if you'd rather keep our relationship quiet.

-a (-nonymously of 1414 quincy st)

1:59 PM  
Blogger John said...

I know, I know, but all posts by unregistered users (even ones who sign their names) are prefaced by "Anonymous said..." I was just being cheeky.

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home