|

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

O Canada

We're in. It was ridiculously easy. A friend of a friend in upstate New York pointed us to a small border crossing on a Mohawk reservation near Massena, south of Montreal. We were asked how many of us there were, where we were from, where we were going and for how long (recording in Montreal, ahem), what we had in the van, whether we had any alcohol, tobacco or fireworks... and then, without asking for any ID or leaving her little border officer hut, the perty young lady waved us through. Such was the culmination of hours of worrying and scheming over Justin's questionable legal status and Forrest's lack of photo identification. We made it to Ottawa in plenty of time for the show, which was at a house. I spent about an hour and a half wandering around downtown beforehand. Parliament was closed (I might try to go in again before we leave today), but I walked around the outside. It's perched above the Ottawa River, on the other side of which is Quebec, and specifically the city of Hull. I'm going to see if I can snap some photos before we hit the road for Montreal, which is only two hours away. I also need, for obvious reasons, to get a picture of the periodical purveyor I passed yesterday called Mags and Fags.

[Outro: 12XU . . . ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home